Sometimes there's nothing better than some cake and a cup of tea! I wanted to share this recipe for Cosmopolitan Cupcakes with you. I baked these for a customer who had a friend who loved cats, and decided to make one extra for myself to eat! I was very kindly sent this lovely Cath Kidston cake stand and amazing Bodum kettle by John Lewis. Owning a cake business, I have a ridiculous amount of cake stands - but I decided to save this one just for me - no business use! Now it sits proudly in my little kitchen. Also, is it sad for a 24 year old to really love a kettle? Because I really love this kettle.
- 2 eggs
- 110g butter
- 225g sugar
- 150g self raising flour
- 125g plain flour
- 60ml Cointreau
- 30ml cranberry juice
- Juice of one lime
- 500g icing sugar
- 60g butter
- 40 mls cointreau
- Juice of half a lime
1. Mix the butter, sugar and eggs.
2. Add the flour, after sifting.
3. Add the liquids and combine.
4. Bake for 20-25 mins at 160 Degrees/Gas Mark 4.
5. Once cooled, decorate with the Cosmo buttercream - made by mixing the butter, sugar and liquids and whipping thoroughly.