So I promised in my last post that I would share this recipe with you all! It's from the Primrose Bakery book (my all time favourite recipe book, go buy it and the cupcake edition because it is amazing). This cake was completely delicious, very moist and I love anything that tastes of strawberry so it was a total win if you ask me.
- 210g self raising flour
- 25g cornflour
- 225g caster sugar
- 1tsp baking powder (I ran out and this still worked fine without)
- 225g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 225g fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped into small pieces
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 250g fresh strawberries to decorate
- A few tablespoons of strawberry jam for between the layers
For the filling this buttercream recipe with some pink colouring.
This is supposed to make 2 layers in a 20cm tin but I used some heart shaped tins from poundland and it made 3 layers this way.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas mark 4. Grease your cake tins.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, cornflour and sugar into a bowl and combine.
3. Add the butter, eggs, strawberries and vanilla extract and mix until combined but not overly processed.
4. Divide the mixture evenly between your tins. Bake in the centre of the oven for 25 minutes until the cake is golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.
5. When the cakes are completely cool layer with strawberry jam, a layer of thinly sliced strawberries and vanilla buttercream.
This cake is best served immediately because strawberries tend to go soft and their juices leak, but it is perfectly fine to eat the next day (I just had a slice!) just be aware of this. x