1. I wanted to share this recipe I made for Strawberry Cupcakes tonight. They are so yum, very moist and natural tasting because they use fresh strawberries rather than a flavoring. I haven't made cupcakes for myself or my family in forever, just for order so it's nice to do that for a change!
225g caster sugar
210g self raising flour
125g strawberries (crushed)
225 g butter
4 large eggs at room temperature
0ne batch of vanilla buttercream mixed in with two heaped teaspoons of strawberry jam.
1. Preheat the oven to 175C
2. Mix together the flour, sugar, cornflour and crushed strawberries in a food processor or electric mixer.
3. Add the butter and eggs and mix until combined. Make sure you do not overmix.
4. Spoon the mixture into your cupcake cases until they are two thirds full.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
6. When cool decorate with strawberry jam buttercream.
2. I have started a new blog, The Feminist Gaze, to coincide with my studies at university. It combines my passions of feminism and film. I would really, very much appreciate it if you could check it out and follow and pass it on if you know anyone who would be interested.
3. I am so excited! I hand in my dissertation on the 15th of September and then on the 23rd I am off to Tokyo for 8 nights! I have wanted to go back for so long, I first went there when I was 18. We booked our flights and hotel this week and I am just dying with anticipation. Japan is such a wonderful country and I can't wait to share it with you.