So occasionally I like to check my blog stats, who is visiting, how they got here etc. Sometimes it's really funny, people actually get to my blog by googling things like 'big boobs in the street' um....but then there's lots of nice things as well. One of the things I get a lot of searches for is fifteens. I did a post on them back in 2009 when pretty much nobody read this little blog. I thought I'd revamp and share them again so more people can discover the wonder of fifteens, which are a delicious tray bake that seem to be found only in Northern Ireland.
They are called fifteens because there's 15 of each ingredient in them. You can of course double them, and make them thirties which I have a habit of doing, bad Claire.
15 digestive biscuits
15 marshmallows, halved
15 glacé cherries, halved
One tin of condensed milk
1. Put the digestive biscuits in a food processor, or in a plastic sandwich bag and bash them with a rolling pin until they are totally turned to crumbs.
2. Add the chopped glacé cherries and chopped marshmallows and mix.
3. Here is the messy part, it is unavoidable, add the condensed milk and mix all the ingredients through with your hands.
4. Lay some tin foil out and sprinkle a good amount of dessicated coconut on it.
5. Place the mixture on the coconut and using your hands shape it into a log, roll the log so that it is coated in the dessicated coconut.
6. Roll the foil up and tie the ends so it is all contained, place in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
7. Take the log out of the fridge and cut it into slices.
And you're done! These are amazing and will have you hooked instantly.