I improvised with some apple cake recipies to make these. I hope you like them! They are perfect for autumn.
- 2 eggs
- 175 g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 85 g butter
- 75 ml milk
- 125 g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 1/4 tsp plain flour
- 1 bramley/cooking apple, finely chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
- Whisk together the eggs, caster sugar and vanilla extract until the mixture is moouse like.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan with the milk then pour on to the egg mixture.
- Sift in the flour and cinnamon and mix until there are no lumps.
- Add the chopped apple and stir well.
- Divide the mixture into cupcake cases and bake at 200C for 15-18 minutes.
- Leave to cool before icing.
- 150g butter
- 150g icing sugar
- 100g brown sugar
- a few tablespoons of milk.
- Melt the butter and brown sugar together in a saucepan. Make sure the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Pour mixture into a mixing bowl and using a mixer add the icing sugar gradually. Add milk as needed to acquire the desired consistency.
- Spread over the cupcakes once they have cooled.